All-standard all-band modulator for USB-3
Modulation has never been so easy and so beautiful. The DTU-315 is a portable modulator for satellite, terrestrial and cable, all in a single device.
A good fit for laptop or tablet, but convenient with desktops and server PCs too.
Modulatore all-band standard per USB-3
La modulazione non è mai stata così facile e così bella. Il DTU-315 è un modulatore portatile per satellite, terrestre e cavo, tutto in un unico dispositivo.
Ideale per laptop o tablet, ma anche conveniente con desktop e PC server.
- Supports all constellations and modulation modes for each supported standard.
- Excellent signal quality through direct digital synthesis of the RF output signal.
- No power supply required: A single USB-3 connection supplies power, real-time data and control.
- General-purpose test modulator in your R&D lab for developing, qualifying or repairing any equipment with an antenna input.
- Portable demo set for TV receivers, easy to carry to customer demos, trade shows, etc.
- TV distribution using modulated signals in shops, hotels, hospitals etc.
The DTU-315 reads data from USB and forwards it to a baseband modulator, a channel filter, an optional channel simulator and an upconverter. The digital RF signal is converted to analog with a high-speed D-to-A converter and output on a micro-BNC connector.
Key Features of the DTU-315 Explained
The presentation below explains key features and benefits of the DTU-315.
DTU-315 in Action
A tablet drives the DTU-315. The RF output signal is shown on a spectrum analyzer.
A rackmount kit (DTR-315-RACK) is available to install up to eight DTU-315 units in a 19″ rack.
DTA-2115B – All-standard VHF/UHF/L-band modulator for PCIe
DekTec’s highest-end modulator. The DTA-2115B and DTU-315 share the same set of modulation standards, the same frequency range and an all-digital modulation and upconversion architecture.
Differences: The DTA-2115B has a higher output level (0dBm vs. -25dBm) and a better phase noise figure. The DTU-315, being USB based, can be used with laptops and is easier to install for desktops and servers.
DTU-215 – Cable/terrestrial modulator for USB-2
A lower-cost portable modulator if you need cable and/or terrestrial modulation, but not satellite standards in the L-band (supported by the DTU-315). The DTU-215 will not support ATSC 3.0 either.
Apart from an attractive price point, another advantage of the DTU-215 is that it can operate from a USB-2 port. The DTU-315 requires a USB-3 port.