Although SDI feeds hold both video and audio data, it does not mean that the video and audio are correctly in-sync. Referred to as a Lip Sync Error, or AV Delay, the results can sometimes create a noticeable issue for the viewer, especially in broadcast workflows where feeds are encoded.
There is a potential that any active processing equipment can introduce AV Delay, but compensation for this may only be possible as a system solution not on a unit by unit basis. Therefore, understanding the likely accumulated AV Delay is a priority.
PHABRIX’s AV Delay Generation and Analysis option offers an end-to-end solution for the measurement of Audio to Video differential delay through a broadcast system. AV Delay is available on the handheld SxA, SxD and SxE instruments.
- The tool provides a real-time update of the differential delay between the video and the selected audio channel pair
- Measure the propagation or pipeline delay of either video or audio
- Can be used with all Sx supported video formats and frame rates on SDI and AES interfaces
- Adapted EBU Tech 3305 AV Sync and Operational Test Pattern to support SD and HD formats
- Compatible with third party AV delay analysers e.g.:LAWO V_pro8
- Individual selection of audio pair
- Support for adapted EBU Tech 3305 AV Sync and operation test pattern
- Support for LAWO V_line AV Sync test pattern
- Realtime update of measured AV delay
- +/- 200ms operating range